Friday 18 July 2014

Zante

Something a little different today...
So as you'll know I've been sitting my A Level exams, and have finished now. Obviously. At the start of the month I got back from my end of exams holiday to Zante, and it was AMAZING. 
Seriously, to anyone planning to go on a similar 'kind' of holiday, I could not encourage you to go more! I had THE best time ever and it was a most perfect week, partying, exploring, sleeping and eating, the most fantastic contrast to the stress of exam season, which for me only ended two days before we flew out! 

The 'strip' itself is everything you would expect it to be, full of drunken teenagers having an amazing time. However, what I didn't expect was the atmosphere that there was. What I had been lead to expect was to be constantly on edge you know? Expecting the next person to either vom on me or try to punch me. That totally wasn't it. While most people would see all these drunken teenagers as a TOTAL nightmare, everyone is just out there for the same reason, to have a good time and enjoy themselves. Because of this you go out and make so many drunken friends, always the best kind of friend.  There weren't even that many people throwing up in the street. Which was nice !

Away from the strip Zante is stunningly beautiful, more so than I expected, making a nice contrast to how you can spend your days and your nights. We opted to spend a bit more and stay in a nicer hotel, which I would totally recommend, a lot of our drunken friends who had gone for the hotels which were cheaper (our first choice had been the $10 a night one) said it was a nightmare trying to get those good two, solid hours of sleep when every room is a party room. The staff in our hotel were lovely, and we got upgraded to all-inclusive because of a problem with our room. I have never, ever, eaten so much. Which was so fantastic when you wake up hungover and there is just food. So much food. 

I had an amazing time, and am now going to force everyone go and do the same so I can live vicariously through them.





0 Whispered words: